Yeah, I know it’s a little late, but here’s a quick wrap-up of all the big news from this year’s GDC (Game Developers Conference).
- Team Meat confirmed they’re working on a 3DS game. This most likely means 3D chainsaw blades, in which case fuck that. (But Super Meat Boy is awesome, go play it.)
- Angry Birds Seasons will be getting a St. Patrick’s Day update, and more Angry Birds is always a good thing.
- Infamous 2 will have a level creator, which seems crazy in a single-player, story focused game like that. I have faith in Naughty Dog, though.
- Minecraft creator Notch is making a collectible card game, even though Minecraft technically isn’t even released yet.
- Nintendo’s keynote announcements: Netflix, Super Mario 3DS, and Game Gear/Turbografx-16 games are all coming to the 3DS. Netflix seems like it would be an awful experience on a DS screen, and who the hell wants to buy digital copies of Game Gear games?
- Yu Suzuki says he thinks Shenmue 3 is going to happen. YES PLEASE.
- Double Fine announced their new mech game, Trenched. Double Fine, along with Telltale, is a developer I will buy anything from sight unseen, so sounds good to me.
- Epic showed off an AMAZING real-time demo of the new Unreal engine.