I’m doing video reviews now. I try to keep them short and sweet. Check it out!
Here’s a big update since it’s been awhile.
A new Hitman is coming out, Hitman Absolution. The Hitman series is one of my favorite series of all time, and I have been dying for another one.
Another Call of Duty game is coming out, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. It’s almost a joke the frequency they’re coming out now. I’ve become so bored with the Call of Duty series as of late.
The Darkness 2 has been announced. The first game got me into The Darkness comics, and the game just didn’t live up to the comics. In the comics, he would have scores of minions, but in the game you could only have two and they were worthless. The Darkness is the power of creation, but the game just didn’t use that like it should have. Hopefully this one is better.
Demon’s Souls 2 is coming out, under the name Dark Souls. I still haven’t beat the first one because the difficulty is just so intense, and it looks like this game is even harder.
This game Binary Domain looks interesting, but the plot is more than a little cliche.
This is another trailer for inFamous 2. It’s looking good, but for some reason I’m not excited for it as much as I was awhile ago.
This trailer for Shadows of the Damned is hilarious, and if the game has this many innuendo’s, it could be awesome.
Yeah, I know it’s a little late, but here’s a quick wrap-up of all the big news from this year’s GDC (Game Developers Conference).
- Team Meat confirmed they’re working on a 3DS game. This most likely means 3D chainsaw blades, in which case fuck that. (But Super Meat Boy is awesome, go play it.)
- Angry Birds Seasons will be getting a St. Patrick’s Day update, and more Angry Birds is always a good thing.
- Infamous 2 will have a level creator, which seems crazy in a single-player, story focused game like that. I have faith in Naughty Dog, though.
- Minecraft creator Notch is making a collectible card game, even though Minecraft technically isn’t even released yet.
- Nintendo’s keynote announcements: Netflix, Super Mario 3DS, and Game Gear/Turbografx-16 games are all coming to the 3DS. Netflix seems like it would be an awful experience on a DS screen, and who the hell wants to buy digital copies of Game Gear games?
- Yu Suzuki says he thinks Shenmue 3 is going to happen. YES PLEASE.
- Double Fine announced their new mech game, Trenched. Double Fine, along with Telltale, is a developer I will buy anything from sight unseen, so sounds good to me.
- Epic showed off an AMAZING real-time demo of the new Unreal engine.
I AM THE NIGHT!!! This is probably the best Batman game ever, by far. The title is self explanatory, you play Batman, and you have to kick ass in Arkham Asylum when the Joker starts a prison riot. Game-play is fairly linear, and you get new items that unlock new areas to explore. When exploring the environment, you can activate detective mode, which points out interactive materials and has X-ray vision. The items all seem fairly useful and most are effective in combat too, which is very nice. You’ll be outnumbered, so you have to go in quiet and stealthy. That is unless they have no guns, if they don’t have any guns, feel free to engage them in hand to hand combat. Hand to hand combat is very smooth and requires some finesse, but it feels awesome when you chain together an awesome combo. Boss battles are usually against famous Batman villains, which keeps things nice and interesting. There was some points in the game where they didn’t really tell you what you needed to do, which was beyond frustrating. Beyond that though this game is excellent, even if it gets bogged down sometimes by annoying game design.
Final Rating: 4/5
I’m giving away a Steam copy of Batman: Arkham Asylum. Here are the rules:
1) Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “BATMAN” in the subject. A winner be chosen at random.
2) The contest is open until 2/24/2011.
3) At least a 100 people need to participate in order for there to be a winner, so tell your friends about it, or post this post on your Facebook.
I’m going to be giving away a Steam game soon. I’m going to keep what game it is a secret until the last minute, just know that it is happening and it’s happening soon. Check back soon!
I came across another Crysis 2 video. I am kinda getting excited for it, because it looks so awesome.
I wasn’t really excited about Dragon Age 2, until I saw this video. If the actual game-play is ANYTHING like this, I will be really impressed.
I thought Hunted: The Demon Forge looked like fairly bland, but this video makes it look impressive. We’ll have to wait and see though, I still have my doubts.
Wednesdays are synonymous with Zero Punctuation with me. Zero Punctuation is made by Ben “Yahtzee” Croshaw, who is a British-born, Australian resident. He is humorous and witty and can usually put a smile on my face. He posts a new video every week on The Escapist Magazine website. Click here to see his videos.
I recently ran across Transformer action figure reviews on YouTube, under the name Thew’s Awesome Transformer Reviews. I thought I would be completely nerded out, but it was actually quite enjoyable and fun. This is mostly because of Thew being completely awesome. I haven’t thought about Transformer figures for about 15 years, buy he made me want to run to the nearest toy store and buy a Transformer, that’s how much his love for them comes through. Here’s some of his videos that I loved. You must watch these, they are hilarious. I think I watched most of his videos the first night I found them.
I just heard that Activision dropped all Guitar Hero Projects for 2011. They also plan to fire some 500 employees that they will no longer need. Whether this means that Guitar Hero is being slowly killed off, or in some sort of cryostasis until some later time, has yet to be seen. I think that it might be a good thing that Guitar Hero is taking a break, cause I don’t think people need a new one every year, or less. Check out the whole story here.
Also, I want to mention that Blizzard Entertainment is celebrating their 20th anniversary. To see a video of their history click here.