- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City was confirmed by Capcom. It’s a 4-player co-op shooter set during Resident Evil 2 where you play as an Umbrella squad sent in after the outbreak. It will apparently feature competitive multiplayer, which sounds like maybe the worst thing ever coming from the Resident Evil team. Still, co-op was the best part of RE4 and 5, so look forward to that.
- The full Mortal Kombat roster has been leaked. Robo-Sub-Zero is pretty badass, but Quan Chi and Sheeva? Ew.
- Nintendo’s Reggie Fils-Aime clarified his quotes from earlier this month about “garage developers” stating that Nintendo wants to work with people who are experienced in the industry. Sorry, Reggie, but I’d much rather play Game Dev Story or Cut the Rope than fucking Faceez: Monsters!. That’s an actual game that came out on DSiWare today. Seriously, look it up.
- Team Teamwork released their new videogame soundtrack/rap mashup Super Nintendo Sega Genesis. Check out their other 2 albums well you’re at it.
- The new Mass Effect 2 DLC comes out tomorrow. There is a trailer. I am super excited now.
- Amy Adams has been cast as Lois Lane in the new Superman movie. I still have no confidence in the movie because it’s by Zack Snyder, but at least there’s that.
- Finally, Rooster Teeth has a great fake trailer for Angry Birds: The Movie.
Well you probably already heard by now, but Apple has announced the iPad 2. I looks pretty awesome, but there’s one thing I’m kinda not crazy about. The iPad 2 has a magnetic cover that also works as a stand. I’ve always learned that you keep magnets AWAY from displays, so the thought of having one so close to my iPad isn’t really that appealing.
Ninja Gaiden 3 has been announced, which should be interesting to say the least. Since I actually beat the second one, I can honestly say that I fear the hell they’re about to unleash, because that was the hardest game I’ve ever played. This trailer really isn’t as good as the one for Ninja Gaiden 2, mostly because it doesn’t have a scythe, and seems like the new “feature” is seeing his face. Team Ninja, I will never understand you.
If you haven’t been paying attention, Charlie Sheen has been losing his mind, and it has been VERY entertaining. The things he says are completely nuts, and I can’t wait till his ego gets destroyed, because he is completely full of himself.
If you guys have an iPhone or iPad, you probably love apps. Let me direct you to Free App a Day, or FAAD. FAAD is free to download, and everyday they have new games to download for free. Some of the apps are complete crap, but there are some good ones that pop up now and again. It’s worth checking out, trust me on this one, I’ve avoided paying for some good games this way.
I’ve found a few more goodies from the internet.
This first video is by the animator Harry Partridge, who’s animations are hilarious. This particular animation is about the teaser trailer to the new Oblivion game, Skyrim. The trailer for the game is below the animation. I highly recommend checking out the rest of Harry Partridge’s video’s.
This late bit is a comic by the folks at VG Cats, who make some great video game comics. This particular comic brings up the issue of crates in Team Fortress 2. Check out their site here, or by clicking on the image.
Shadowrun is a multiplayer oriented game. There is no story mode in Shadowrun, so if you were looking for a gripping story look elsewhere. I’ve heard Shadowrun described as “Counterstrike with magic” and for all intents and purposes it is. At the beggining of every round you buy weapons, gagets and magic. There are four playable races: Dwarfs, Humans, Elfs, and Trolls. Each race has their own stats and abilities. Although fun, Shadowrun’s gameplay is shallow. Only get this game if you have online and have friends that own this game.
Final rating: 3/5